- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Incident Management: Focuses on restoring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Problem Management: Focuses on the prevention of Problems and the elimination of recurring Incidents
- Request Fulfillment: Manages the fulfilment of requests for services, with a goal of providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity
- Event Management: Focuses on any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Access Management: Grants authorized users the right to use a service while preventing access to non-authorized users
- How OSA processes and functions bring value to the business in supporting the service lifecycle
- In-depth review of these critical related functions:
- IT Operations Management
- Technical Management
- Application Management
- Service Desk
- The impact operational support and analysis has on operational activities and other processes such as Change, Configuration, Release & Deployment, Capacity, Availability, Knowledge, Financial, and IT Service Continuity Management
- Technology and implementation considerations
Configuration Manager, Availability Manager, System Software, Applications Support, IT Operations Manager, Network Control and Operation, Database Administrator, Problem Manager, Network Support
The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (attained through attending the ITIL Foundation course and passing the exam)
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Operational Support and Analysis.
Duration and style
- A 90-minute, 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient scored exam. Paper-based or online at Pink Elephant’s training centre on Thursdays or Fridays. Onsite exams can be arranged with notice.
- 70% which also gives attendees 4 credits towards “ITIL Expert” status. Learn about the ITIL certification system here. You will also gain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
- Self-Paced Online: Take the course at any time in your web browser at your own pace.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.