ITIL® 4 Advanced Course Examination Discount Promotion for 2020:
- This offer is only available for new candidates booking both the ITIL® 4 Foundation and one of the ITIL® 4 Advanced Courses in the Managing Professional stream along with their respective exams.
- This promotional offer is valid for the following ITIL® 4 Advanced Courses:
- This promotion is applicable to individual candidates and may only be used once per candidate – the same candidate needs to take the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam and the ITIL® 4 Advanced Course exam, it may not be split between two individuals.
- For Classroom-Based Exams and for Remote Online Proctored Exams: The candidate is required to take both the ITIL® 4 Foundation and the ITIL® 4 Advanced Course exam before 31 December 2020.
- The candidate is required to take the ITIL® 4 Foundation Exam before taking the ITIL® 4 Advanced Course Exam.
- The ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition (MPT) Course and Exam are excluded from this promotional offer.
Fees & Payments for Courses / Workshops
All quotes are valid for 15 days only. For cash customers, Pink Elephant must receive payment with each registration. Your place is not confirmed until full payment is received. For account customers, payment terms are strictly 30 days from date of invoice or before Course/Workshop commencement date, whichever comes first. Delegates will be liable for any outstanding invoice which relates to their Course/Workshop before commencement thereof.
Pink Elephant Banking Details
Account Name: Pink Elephant
Account Number: 406 201 3702
Branch: ABSA East gate
Branch Code: 63 20 05
Swift Code: ABSAZAJJ (for payments from foreign countries)
Substitutions, Postponements & Cancellations for Courses & Workshops
You may substitute an alternate attendee from your organisation any time prior to Course/Workshop commencement date for no additional charge. If you postpone a Course/Workshop, Pink Elephant must be notified in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 10 business days prior to the Course/Workshop commencement date. You will receive a Course/Workshop credit which is valid for 6 months from original date of postponement. Notification of postponements after 10 business days will be charged a 15% Admin Fee. You will also receive a Course/Workshop credit which is valid for 6 months from original date of postponement. Cancellations must be received in writing (email@example.com) no later than 10 business days prior to the Course/Workshop commencement date. If a cancellation is received 10 or more business days (inclusive) prior to Course/Workshop commencement date, you will receive a full refund. If a cancellation is received within 6 to 9 business days (inclusive) prior to Course/Workshop commencement date, you will be refunded in full less a 15% Admin Fee of the original invoice value. If a cancellation is received within 5 to 0 business days (inclusive) prior to Course/Workshop commencement date, the full amount of the invoice is due. No Shows If Pink Elephant is not notified of a cancellation/postponement and the delegate does not attend the Course/Workshop, full settlement is required.
All examinations are to be written within a year of the training attended. Should a year elapse between attending the training and the intended date of writing the exam, the examination will be forfeited and no refund will be granted. Should a price increase be implemented during the time period that a delegate has not taken an exam, the delegate will be liable to settle the exam price difference before taking the exam. Should a ProctorU exam be booked there will be an additional cost to use this remote proctor.
PeopleCert® Examinations that are done with an online Procter require that the exam candidate must provide a form of identification that shows:
- Valid Government issued ID that includes a photograph,
- Date of birth
- Name in Latin characters
If the above cannot be provided and identification cannot be achieved, the exam cannot be conducted.
Cancellation of exams
Should an exam be booked and cancelled, a cancellation fee of R199.00 EXCL VAT will be charged. The exam can be postponed to another day within the month that the first exam booking was made. Should the exam need to be postponed to a date after a month of the initial exam booking the cancellation fee will apply. Exam Registrations Once an exam has been ordered for a delegate they will receive an e-mail directly from APMG, if the delegate does not register before taking the exam there will be an admin fee of R75.00 EXCL VAT. This admin fee will also be applicable for those that start the exam registration process but don’t complete the registration.
Pink Elephant reserves the right to cancel or reschedule Courses & Workshops. Pink Elephant reserves the right to restrict attendance and participation at Courses & Workshops. Some courses require specific prerequisites which must be adhered to before attendance.
Last updated June 2020
- Pink Elephant SA (PTY) LIMITED (company registration number 2004/022713/07 of Woodlands Office Park, Building 30, 20 Woodlands Drive, Woodmead. Republic of South Africa.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- Pink Elephant SA (PTY) Limited is responsible for the Site.
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Regulator (the“IR”), the South African supervisory authority for data protection issues https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the IR so please Contact Us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. Contact Us
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. It does not include data where the identity of the individual to whom it relates has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which We have grouped together as follows:
- “Identity Data” includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, photographs, vehicle registration number(s), age and gender.
- “Contact Data” includes billing address, residential address, delivery address, email address, social media handles and telephone numbers.
- “Financial Data” includes bank account and payment card details.
- “Transaction Data” includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- “Technical Data” includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, full ‘Uniform Resource Locators’ clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time) and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- “Profile Data” includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, relationships held with other data subjects, feedback and survey responses, products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs and methods used to browse away from the page).
- “Usage Data” includes information about how you use the Site, products and services.
- “Marketing and Communications Data” includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and Our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect personal data that includes “Sensitive Data” such as dietary requirements and certain medical information (including whether or not you are a wheelchair user).
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for and/or purchase our products or services;
- sign up to hear from us via email, phone and mail;
- create an account on the Site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- sign up for our educational programmes;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other website employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as [analytics providers, advertising networks, technical, payment and delivery services, data brokers or aggregators] and publicly availably sources. Contact Us to find out more about the various third parties and public sources from which We may receive personal data about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform a contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for Our Legitimate Interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a Legal Obligation.
Please Contact Us to find out more about the types of lawful basis that We will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by Contact Us
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific activity for which we are using your data. In carrying out each activity, we may process your data for several different purposes. Please Contact Us you need more detail about the specific legal ground We are relying on to process your personal data.